The American Society of Association Executives (ASAE) annual meeting is coming to Toronto!
Known as the “Super Bowl of Conventions,” ASAE & The Center for Association Leadership’s Annual Meeting & Exposition is the flagship education and exposition opportunity for associations and not-for-profit organizations in the United States. It is the must-attend event for all association professionals whether they are representing trade associations, professional societies, or philanthropic organizations. The ASAE Annual Meeting & Exposition is where thousands of association professionals and industry partners gather to exchange time, resources, strategies, solutions, and more.Freeman Audio Visual Canada wins leadership in greener purchasing awards
What to Expect
- Over 5,000 delegates are expected to attend the 2017 Annual Meeting & Exposition in our city from August 12 to 15, including 2,550 association executives, 2,100 industry partners/suppliers and 350 other participants made up of press, one-day participants, exhibit hall visitors, spouses and guests, city officials, volunteers and staff.
- Of the association professionals attending the meeting, approximately 19% CEO/ED, 13% CLevel/VP, and 50% Manager/Director.
- 79% of attendees are final decision-makers or have significant influence and 12% recommend.
- Participants from all 50 United States and across 23 countries will attend the annual meeting.
- Approximately 45% will be male and 55% female.
Meetings Mean Business
- Economic impact of all meetings to Toronto in 2016 was $3.1 billion.
- Economic impact of ASAE to Toronto is forecasted at $16 million.
- 17,800 total hotel room nights booked.
- 4,000 total peak hotel room nights booked.
- Meetings to be held at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre.
- Networking events to be held at the Royal Ontario Museum, Rebel and Roundhouse Park.
- More than 20% of the delegates are expected to return to Toronto to either host their own association meeting or make a personal return trip
- Toronto was last host to the ASAE Annual Meeting in 2009.
- ASAE is a membership organization of more than 30,000 association executives and industry partners representing more than 7,400 organizations.
- Its members manage leading trade associations, individual membership societies and voluntary organizations across the United States and in nearly 50 countries around the world.
- ASAE is the premier source of learning, knowledge and future-oriented research for the association and non-profit profession.
- ASAE helps associations and association professionals transform society through the power of collaboration.
- Learn more about the special events planned http://mtm.seetorontonow.com/asae-toronto-2017/
- Find out more about the ASAE annual meeting https://annual.asaecenter.org/
- Interested in volunteering? Learn more here https://app.betterimpact.com/Login/Volunteer (To access, Search: “Toronto”, and Select “Tourism Toronto”)
- Restaurants and retailers, have an offer to share? http://mtm.seetorontonow.com/hot-deals/
- Join the conversation on Twitter #ASAE17
Please join us in welcoming ASAE & The Center to Toronto this August and help us make this a wonderful experience for them